NBC 5 and COZI-TV are moving to a new frequency on Wednesday, May 30, 2018. You will still find us on Channel 5, but if you are an over-the-air viewer who watches us with an antenna you will need to rescan your TV channel lineups on May 30, 2018.
If you watching NBC 5 or COZI-TV on cable, satellite, the NBC app or streaming services, the rescan does not apply to you – you’re good to go.
If you use your Dish as your receiver to get local channels, you will need to rescan for the over-the-air channels within the Dish network set top box. CLICK HERE for help.
Follow These Simple Steps to Rescan Your TV
- Make sure you have a VHF/UHF antenna connected to your TV
- Go to your TV menu
- Select “Channel Setup” (or similar)
- Choose “Antenna” and/or “Air”
- Run “Auto-program”
- Your TV may take 3 to 15 minutes as it searches for channels in your area
- If your television is not digital, but you have a digital set-top box, refer to your set-top box product manual to learn how to add channels.
And if you run into trouble, we're here to help. You can email NBC5Rescan@nbcuni.com or call 817-654-6555 for assistance with the rescan process. This phone number is only for people in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. People viewing NBC 5 in Vermont need to call 802-655-5455 and select 2 for engineering.
The slideshows below will show some examples of how to rescan your channel lineup on various different TVs.