VOIP MUST-HAVE FEATURES
Having the right features in a VoiP phone system can make your business become more successful. No matter the size of your business, you want to be able to run things in the office as efficiently as possible. VoiP can help you do that. Beyond the basics of voicemail, here are the best features to consider when choosing a VoiP plan.
- Call routing and forwarding is an absolute must. This feature supports remote access and depending on the plan, allows employees to connect at the office, at home, and on the road across a number of communication devices. Some plans support voicemail forwarding to emails and phones.
- If your business has a call center, automated call distribution can help you make the most of the contact center staff by automating call distribution to the best available agent. Another option is an auto attendant that can route calls to a standard greeting, voicemail, or to a self-service directory.
- To improve efficiency, data integration links the telephone system with customer relationship management (CRM), inventory, and sales cycle systems. Some companies offer inbound call screens that show the customer's entire relationship with your business.
- Directory Service relies on interactive voice recognition (IVR) technology to support automated directory access and call routing. Callers navigate the directory system by speaking a name or extension number.
- The ability to have conference calls is one of the most important VoiP features. Many VoiP business telephone systems feature instant conferencing via unified communications technology, as well as video and Web conferencing applications.